Tuesday, January 9, 2007

One of my new favorte movies.

At our old church Gail and I worked with the teens. We were trying to think up new activities to do with them and we ended up coming across a movie Fly Wheel. It is a great Christian movie and went over well with our teens and fellow church members that viewed it. The same group that made Fly Wheel produced a new movie Facing the Giants.
I love this movie. It has a great gospel message and it has subject matter that relates to many. I also loved that both movies made it into the movie theaters. I love supporting good movies in the theater. Both movies really touched my life. Fly Wheel starts off slow, but really has a great message. I have seen it a number of times and I cry every time I watch it. I cried more during Facing the Gaints. (happy tears)! It is amazing to see how God really works in our lives. Both movies paint a picture of how once you turn your life over to God everything in your life will be roses. However this is not true. In reality as Christians we all know that we too will still suffer hardships.... But what's great about when we go through hardships we know that God is always on our side holding our hands.....
I love the fact that the movies were done by a Baptist Church in Georgia!
Facing the giants was done on a $100,000 budget, and Flywheel was done on a mere $10,000 budget!!
We are having a Young Marrieds activity at our house on Sat. 20th of Jan and we are supposed to watch this awesome movie! Can't wait to see it again! I hope that you will all enjoy it as much as Gail and I did and that it too will touch your lives.... Here are previews of the movies.
Check out the preview for flywheel at www.flywheelthemovie.com
Facing The Giants trailer (note if you are using firefox you will need to right click on the preview and click play).

2 comments:

marshan said...

Haven't seen Flywheel, but Facing the Giants was pretty good! (And they did it for $100,000???? Unbelievable!)

Amber Joy (A.J.) said...

Saw a clip from the movie last night at Bible Study.. The death crawl to the inzone... Can't wait to see the whole movie.