Friday, November 9, 2007

Dr. Appointment

I had my 5 month check up for the baby today. I heard the heart beat and found out that there is sugar in my urine. OH yeah... That just means that I am most likely starting to develop gestational diabetes again. I had this with Nolan and it was not that big of a deal. It can be serious if you don't take care of it but thankfully mine was managed by diet and testing my blood levels everyday. So I am hoping that that will be all I have to do this time too. I have to drink the yucky orange drink for my gestational diabetes test next month. This is normal everyone has to take this test. I am just more prepared this time with knowledge and the fact they have already found sugar in my urine that I most likely will be found to have it again. So the drink sits in my fridge waiting to be drunk next month... Yeah!!!! My doctor told me that I should go ahead and start the gestational diabetes diet now. So I think I will start it on Monday. I will take Thanksgiving day off... Seeing I have not actually been tested yet... :) The diet really is not that bad, just annoying because it does not fit into everyones schedule. I have to eat every 3 hours and can only have so many carbs during each hour. It is not bad, but it is hard for holidays and other family gatherings, and working when you have to eat at an exact time and only certain foods. Yes, I am pretty strict about the whole thing too. I did not cheat once last time when I was diagnosed and don't plan on it this time either, once I am officially diagnosed. I could not live with myself if I knew I could have prevented something with such easy methods to control it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate gestational diabetes!!!