Friday, April 20, 2007

Crazy

This has been a very crazy week, hence why I have not posted for a week!!! :(
I took my one dog in a month ago for hives, but they were not healing and my other dog was coming down with red spots on his tummy. Then I noticed Nolan had a weired looking rash on his tummy. So I took Nolan in and the doctor said he thought it was ezema, but could be ringworm. Gave us a prescription for some anitfungus cream and he is healing. However, it take 3-4 weeks for ringworm to completley heal with treatment and then you have to keep applying medicine to affected areas after they heal as a preventive measure for it not to return for two more weeks.... Anyways I decided to take my dogs back in and have them checked. Yelp, the vet thinks they have ringworm, hence I said thinks, because the test results from scraping their skin takes two weeks to identify the fungus... So we our treating it as if it is ringworm with spray medicine... it is working great..... and they are healing... So anyways I have been scrubbing carpets, furniture, washing bed sheets, bleaching toys, all week to kill the ringworm... We are not for sure how are dogs contacted it... they go no where but our yard. We figured it out that they got it at the vet, because one of the vet assistants had it and still has it... I am so mad at them!!!!! Then we have made the hard decision to get rid of our dogs. Nittiany gets picked up Monday if not sooner, because someone is already interested in him to a Boston terrieor rescue place. We are going to hold onto lion for alittle while, and make a decision on him later. they have been in their crate all week. We only let them out to go potty and run around outside for awhile. We have to keep them crated until it is totally gone! Poor doggies!!!! :(
So needless to say Nolan will not be at church Sunday I don't want to take a chance and spread the ringworm to others... That is so not cool....

OH by the way, ringworm is not a worm... it is a fungus.... Just a little fact in case you did not know... Pray that it goes away soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

marshan said...

bless his little heart. My boys are going to be so sad that you're gettng rid of your dogs. ):