Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dr. appt.

Nathaniel had a check-up Appointment on Monday with his doctor. I was shocked when he was weighed. He only weighs 7 lbs 11 oz. This is a big concern seeing he only weighed 7lbs 4 oz when he was born. He is not gaining weight like he should and the doctor is concerned. She said that he must not be getting enough milk from me so back to formula feeding along with nursing. I am giving him 2-4 onces of formula every other feeding and breastmilk the other feedings. I pumped yesterday instead of nursing to see how much milk I am producing. I seem to be doing ok, but he still has trouble sucking I think so maybe he is just not getting it when nursing. Anyways I tried to offer him the breast last night, but he wanted the bottle instead. Can't blame him since he has been so hungry the last few days. Who would want to work for their food when a bottle is so much easier and he gets his belly full. He was a totally different baby yesterday. He was not as fussy and slept a lot better. I guess so with a fuller belly. However, bring on the spit up now! Yucky!!!
Nolan went with us to the doctor too yesterday. On Friday he complained of an ear ache. I wanted to take him into the doctor but we were going Monday for Nathaniel so I figured if he does not get any worst we would kill two birds with one stone. I just gave him some Tylenol for the pain and he was pretty much back to normal in a few hours. The doctor took a look at his ears and he did in deed had an ear infection. So now he is on some medicine, but is doing great. I am so glad I kept him home Sunday now.
Nathaniel's stats:
weight: 7 lbs 11 oz
Height 22 inches
Head: 14 1/2
Please pray that he gains weight!!! His next appointment is Monday.

No comments: