Monday, April 7, 2008

Nathaniel Rolls over!

We put Nathaniel on the floor today. He has not had really any belly time since we have gotten home from the hospital. So Gail decides to just lay him down on the floor and before we know it he turns him self over. (belly to back) He did it 3 times. I was able to get the 2nd time on video. We figured he would do it soon he is so strong. He can even stand up on your lap. Crazy! He also went for a weight check up appointment today. He has finally gained weight. He was 7 lbs 11 oz last Monday and this Monday (April 7) he weighed 8 lbs 15 oz. Yeah!!! I have been mainly feeding him formula and trying to pump breast milk 6-8 times a day. I am not producing enough so I have to pump at least 3 times usually to get one 3 once bottle. However, the last few days I have pumped less often and have produced more milk in a day. Go figure. also for the first time today I have had let down. When Nathaniel would cry I would leak milk. Anyways I have been freezing most of the milk and am trying to give him at least 3-6 onces of breast milk a day and the rest of the feedings formula. I don't think I will pump for much longer. It is taking a toll on me. It takes to much of my time to pump and feed. Plus I have a 2 year old that needs me... I want to spend more time with him too. They grow up way to fast and I think we are going to formula and no more pumping after this week or I will just pump at my convince and see what we get until I dry up. Don't know yet.
Today was so nice out that after Nathaniel doctor's appointment we went to check outt IKEA. It is a pretty cool store. We than picked up Nolan at my parents house and met up with some friends at the park to play for awhile. I did not get many pictures due to Nathaniel wanting to eat and we had to leave to go get some stuff at Wal-mart and to get Nolan down for a nap and us too. At Wal-mart this is pretty gross in my opinion. I was freaking out. I had to use the restroom and Nolan wanted to try and go potty too... So I took him with me. As we were in the stall I notice something that I am hoping Nolan will not find and pick up. But sure enough he finds it and picks up a used, yes a used!!!! pregnancy stick. I immediately yelled drop it and scrubbed his hands than soaked his hand with hand sanitizer. If you know me I am a bit germ phobic.. ok more than a bit so this really grossed me out. When I told my parents about this my dad laughed and asked: So was the person pregnant. SAD enough I saw she was not. Check out the pictures of the park and video of Nathaniel rolling over for the first time. He is not even 2 months old yet and was born 1 month early. He almost rolled back to tummy too. but I did not get that on tape and he only made it to his side.


Makenna
Nolan

Daddy and Nolan
Marshan feeding Nathaniel
Amy and Anderson





Video of Nathaniel rolling over: (oh yeah my memory card filled up right after he rolled over, one more second and I would not have gotten this on tape)

3 comments:

marshan said...

Those sure are some cute kids at the park!!!

Wow! I can't believe he already rolled over! He looks so little in the video, but so very strong. None of my kids moved around that much on their bellies at that age! AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice Book, Or was that a 3 part Novel??
I am surprised others could find the comments link :P
and No I won't shut up :P

Sarah said...

Cute video! He's young to be rolling over already :) Way to go!!