Thursday, March 13, 2008

scary morning!!!

So I thought I was going to have to call the paramedics today.We were having a great morning, until around 10:30 Nathaniel decides to chock on his own saliva. Now he has done this before, but only takes a few seconds to whip some spit away and he is fine. I have never really thought much of it, until today. Today he decides to scare mommy to death. I was getting Nolan ready for the day and all of sudden I hear gurgling noises coming from Nathaniel. I look over and there is a ton of bubbles and thick spit coming out of his mouth. I pick him up and try to wipe it away no good. Then he starts getting redder and his eyes start to pop out some... Now I am starting to panic... I quickly turn him upside down and start the heimlich on him... does not work... I then use that blue nose thing on him in his mouth and start getting spit out his mouth with it... that seemed to help and all of sudden he gets calmer and starts to look normal again.... His little face scared me so bad... I hope and pray this NEVER HAPPENS Again!!!!!!! If you are wondering what Nolan is doing at the time I have no idea, but when Nathaniel was back to normal my emotions got to me and I started crying. Nolan come up to me and says: "mommy what's the matter?" I say: "I am ok now sweetie" but I am still crying... Nolan takes my hand and starts walking me to the couch where he sits down with me and keeps holding my hand and says "its ok mommy."

2 comments:

marshan said...

Oh my goodness! That's scary for both of you guys!!!!

At least Nolan made himself scarce while all of this was going on, so you didn't have to deal with him and scare him too. Know what I mean?

Nolan's so sweet to take care of you. He loves his momma!

Anonymous said...

You were on my mind all day! I was thinking about how "cooped" up you must be feeling. I hope you can get out w/ Nathaniel SOON! I am so thankful that Nathaniel is all right & Nolan was there to comfort you & hold your hand! I would have been as scared as you!

Happy 1 month B-Day, Nathaniel!
G-ma Carolyn Terrell