Friday, March 14, 2008

Very eventful morning

I have now come to terms that I will never be able to brush my hair, teeth, get a shower, and get dressed before Gail comes home from work! ;) I have a very busy two year old boy and a very clingy 4 week old baby! Nolan is very good at being able to entertain himself, but he also loves to get into things he should not get into and seems to want my attention the most when of course I am nursing Nathaniel. ( oh how I miss the bottle, but not the cost of formula you had more free time and are able to do more while feeding). Nathaniel wants to be held 24/7 which I wanted a baby that loved to be held, but I was not thinking all day and night! :) So this makes it very hard to get anything done let alone sleep! Today started off good again... until Nolan got into one of my cabinets and broke a glass dish. There was glass everywhere so out comes the vacuum cleaner and broom to clean it up. Thankfully I had just finished feeding Nathaniel when this happened and he was being a good baby and allowing me to clean it up with out fussing. However, since he wants to eat like every hour right now... by the time I got that cleaned up it was time to feed him again. Then Nolan decided to tell me he is stinky... I take him back to the changing table to find a very poopy butt with no diaper on it and his boots covered with poop. Which somehow now got on the wall! :( I asked him where he put his diaper, of course he does not know. (I forgot I was talking to a 2 year old). I look around the house to find in my living room a trail of poop turds that lead me right to the diaper. Thank goodness it was solid poop this time!!! :) Well it is now noon and the day is half way over and I am hoping things will settle down. I will take a day like this everyday compared to yesterday!!! NO choking today, but I think I figured out what makes his saliva so thick.. his iron drops....I haven't given it to him today and there has been no problems so far. That is another nice thing about formula feeding NO iron drops.... Any ideas on how to give him these drops.. I am thinking of putting it in some water and feeding it to him with a bottle. Also think that I figured out what was causing blood in bowels... his formula... I have not given him any formula as a supplement for two days and no blood... This could be why he has been more hungry too....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh me! I'll be praying more for you!! I am off March 21-30 for spring break. I'll bring Nolan home w/ me for a day & bring a helper-grandchild/ren w/ me in case! He can come on a Sunday w/ a cousin/helper, too.

Love, Mom/Carolyn

marshan said...

Yup...that sounds more like life with two kids. Crazy, huh??? Hey at least you found the poop...we're still looking for some. (Just kidding!)

Anonymous said...

Abby says disgusting. How do you deal with that? Nolan must be harder 2 handle than I think.