Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 2 of potty training and sippy cups

Nathaniel did great yesterday he used only sippy cups and continued to do so today. I actually packed up all his bottles but 3 (just in case) and am done using them.
Nolan woke up excited and wanting to put his underwear on.. (He cried last night when we had to put a diaper back on him for bedtime) Anyways, he has not done anything in the potty today, but did tell me he had to go poo poo. We ran to the bathroom and the little man really tried to go, but nothing. 15 minutes later he had a # 1 accident. He was so upset about wetting his pants. Anyways 40 minutes later he tells me he has to go #2 again. We rush to the bathroom and I pull his underwear off to only find me steeping in a very warm and mushy mess. Yelp he already did his deed and it fell out onto the floor and I of course stepped in it. Yuck. Oh well it was not that big of a deal or mess. However, I learned a very important lesson: Always check underwear before pulling them off just like a diaper! duh! He was disappointed about not making it to the potty, but I am impressed that he has a good attitude about it today and is trying. I just keep telling myself be patient he will be trained before I know it. It will be nice for him to be trained,but it is hard seeing my first baby in underwear and no more diapers. He looks more grown up.. I hate that they grow up way to fast! If u have any advice on potty training I would love to hear about. Especially what do you do when you leave your house!!!!

3 comments:

marshan said...

pack lots of extra clothes!!!!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

And wear rubber boots in the bathroom! :)

See, I can laugh now because I've been through this already FOUR TIMES.

Billie said...

Don't forget to pack the extra socks and shoes!!!!
I put rubber pants over the underwear for the firt week, it holds all (or most in some cases) in so the child feels it. I also didn't put a diaper or pull up on Emily or Aaron at night, put I did put rubber sheets under their regular sheets. It made them feel more like big kids. Emily only peed the bed once and Aaron never did. (They didn't want their BIG bed to get wet). Good Luck;)