Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My FairyTale Romance with my Hubby!

Wow I cannot Believe it has been 5 years to the day that Gail and I got engaged. I was going to say that Gail asked me to Marry him, but He actually never asked me to marry him, I didn't ask him either. So are you wondering how did I get married? Well he asked "Will you let me take care of you for the rest of your life?" I said I would have to be an idiot to say no to that!!
Here is our story, we had it in our wedding program as well.

Click on the images for a readable view.

Part 2

Ok so after he put the ring on my finger, we were off to tell people our good news. Our first stop was going to his parents, however, they were not home. So I called my parents and told my mom that Gail and I were coming over to talk. When we got there the tv was on and Gail finally said to my parents "I think you know why we are here." (tv was still going on .... my dad was still paying more attention to the tv, because my mom did not inform him that we wanted to talk to both of them, even though we told her too and she had a pretty good idea why we were coming over. Finally we just broke the news... My dad was concerned about it, since We had only been dating for about a month, he just kept asking me if I was really sure about doing this, how We hadn't been dating very long etc etc. My mom on the other hand was all for it!! My dad finally came around once he got to know Gail and his family a little more.
Ok, so now we wanted to go and tell Gail's parents. So finally someone was home at Gail's parents, but only his mom. So Gail called his dad and asked him to come home and talk. His dad kept asking Gail why and all Gail told him was that he wanted to talk, but his dad kept saying why, until Gail finally said dad just come home I never ask you to do this so just come.Finally he did. When we told them the news I wanted to hide... Carolyn's face went white as a ghost, and her mouth fell to the floor. Gail's dad on the other hand was sitting down and his face turned red. They were very surprised because they had been out of town for 3 weeks and didn't know how serious we were, besides that Gail always keeps everything close to the vest and usually pleaded the 5th when asked about us. His parents were very happy, and said they were surprised but not shocked. I tend to disagree when your mouth drops and your face turns red that is my definition of shocked!! Anyway there is so much more I could say, but it is a lot easier to tell you in person, just ask!

3 comments:

marshan said...

How crazy is all that!!!!

Laura said...

I can't believe it's been that long already!! Where does the time go?
If we would have been talking about this 5 yrs and 1 mos ago this would have been the farthest topic of conversation. I'm so happy that things worked out the way they did and we are where we are today. (a little closer would be nice)

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are so blesses to have such a wonderful husband!