Monday, March 5, 2007

Fever!

Well around 2:00 yesterday Nolan started to feel pretty hot. I undressed him down to his t-shirt and all he wanted me to do was hold him. He ended up falling asleep and took a very long nap. He usually does not take long naps. I am grateful if I get an hour of peace. However, he slept from 2:40 pm-5:10 pm. He was also running a fever the rest of the night from 100-103 degrees. He is a bit on the cranky side but is still acting pretty much like himself. I think it is due to teething, but we are taking him to the doctors today at 11:30 because his temp. was 105 when he woke up. I just want to be cautious. Well I smell a stinky diaper so I must go and change it. I will update the little man's progress later.

Update:
Well I took Nolan to the doctor's office. As we were waiting in the office I noticed that another tooth has broke the skin. It is his bottom right tooth. So now he has a lot of teeth trying to come in all over. Last month he ran a fever for 3 days until a tooth appeared. The doctor informed us that his ears, lungs and color look good. He probably has a viral infection which is causing him to have a fever. She also said it could be his teething... since he showed these signs last time. I have to call the doctor tomorrow if the fever is 100.5 or higher. Oh yeah, he weighs 22 pounds and 8 ozs. Which is not that much different from his 9 mts checkup.. Just pray his fever will be gone tomorrow.

1 comment:

marshan said...

Bless his little heart. My doctor always says that a fever cannot be that high from teething, but I totally disagree!!!!

Hope he feels better, and I hope you get some rest too!