Monday, December 10, 2007

6 month check up for baby and me

Well I took my beloved orange drink today. I actually drank it on my way to pick my mother up to go to the doctor's office. I actually did not mind it this time. I guzzled it down fast and it did not taste that bad this time. Go figure. However, when I got to the doctor's office they took me into a room to draw my blood. The nurse took one look at my veins and said there is no way I am going to be able to draw blood. (my veins are so small, always have been!) So the doctor had to draw the blood. He tried first in my arm, that did not work, then he had to have a butterfly needle (it is a IV needle basically put in my right hand. That did not work either. So He finally got a vein on my other hand... Oh yeah!!! So my hands are really sore and black and blue. But it wasn't that bad. I should find out my result tomorrow or within the next few days. Fingers crossed!!! I hope I don't have it, but I probably do have gestational diabetes. I can't believe that I am already going to start seeing the doctor every two weeks now! Wow!!! They were going to schedule me for Dec. 24th but I was like I don't think so... So I go on the 21st. Can't believe how fast it is going bye!:)
Funny story: When I was in with the doctor Nolan was sitting out in the waiting room with my mom. I had my stuff next to the chair I was sitting in before going into see the doctor. A mother and daughter walked in and the little girl went to sit in the seat I was using before going in to see the doctor. Nolan started crying saying: "That's my mommies chair!" He was really heartbroken about someone sitting in the chair I used. So the mother was kind enough to have her daughter sit in another chair. She thought it was pretty cute and funny! :0)

No comments: