Monday, December 17, 2007

What a Day!!!

The day started off well getting to sleep in, however, right before Gail was leaving for work Nolan decided to try and give us a heart attack. Gail was getting ready in one bathroom for work, and I in our bedroom bathroom. Nolan follows me into our bedroom and was playing with his cars. As I am in the bathroom I hear a crash. I yelled to Gail to come quick. Nolan had knocked down our full length mirror. He was crying, but stopped when Gail got the mirror off him. (the mirror is light thank goodness.) We proceeded to clean it up and Nolan even stood watching me vacuum up loose mirror pieces. After about 5 minutes later I look over at Nolan and I see blood running down his leg. I think oh No he did get cut. I washed the cut off and saw a nasty cut that I thought might need stitches. Gail came in from cleaning his car off to look at it. He squeezed the wound together and put a ban aide on it. That helped stopped the bleeding. Then we called the doctor and they told us they do not do stitches we would have to take him to urgent care or the hospital. The first Urgent care the doctor looked at the wound and said he needs stitches, but would not do it, he has to be taken to Children's downtown, because the one by us does not open until 6:00 pm. So we took him to anther urgent care that would do stitches, but when we got there they did not take our insurance. Finally after driving around forever and calling a number of different places we took him to Mercy Emergency, where he got the royal treatment. Thank Goodness he did not get stitches, they used the glue treatment instead!!! :) Then the doctor gave him a yummy Popsicle. We are just so thankful that it was a small cut on his leg. I don't want to even imagine how bad he could have been hurt! Thank you Lord for watching over him today!!!
One funny thing did happen today. We stopped at McDonald's on our way to Mercy. Gail pulled up to the first window to pay. Then started to drive off forgetting to go to the next window to get our food. I asked what he was doing and he said going to Mercy. I said what about the food. I had to get out of the car and walk up to the window and retrieved our food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't mention the glue was $75 and the first urgent care we went to was closed!

marshan said...

poor little guy. I'm glad he's okay though. It's crazy that they can just glue us back together now.